The success of every academic program is built on the successes of individual students. UC Davis offers a variety of advising services that can help you make a plan, connect with other students, maintain a balanced lifestyle, successfully navigate through your four years and prepare you for graduate school and a career.
New Student Advising
Summer orientation for new students is held the summer immediately following admission to UC Davis and establishes a strong foundation for academic achievement. To find out more about our summer orientation program for admitted students, please visit the Orientation website.
Every UC Davis student has multiple advisers within their academic college that are available to provide academic and career advising:
- Your major adviser will help you plan out the coursework needed to complete your degree. Contact information for advisers in every major is included on our Majors pages.
- Your college adviser in the dean's office will provide you with comprehensive advising that can help you with general education and college requirements, academic issues and making sure you're on track to graduate.
- Peer advisers can give you a student perspective on getting things done because not so long ago, they shared your experiences! Peer advisers have been trained to help you plan your course schedule, understand academic requirements and find the resources that will keep you moving along on your way to that diploma.
Support is always within reach! Students speak highly of the Student Academic Success Center for advising, drop-in tutoring services and preparation for graduate school. They also list the Internship and Career Center's career-specific workshops and resume support as services on campus they would recommend most to incoming students. And the recently completed Student Community Center brings together a wealth of student life programs and academic resources under one roof. These and other resources that can provide guidance include:
- Cross Cultural Center
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Internship and Career Center
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Student Housing First-Year Experience Program
- Transfer Reentry Veterans Center
- Undergraduate Research Center
- Women's Resources and Research Center
- MyUCDavis integrates several UC Davis online services into one convenient and secure location. After you log in, the system will recognize you as a faculty, student, or staff member and present you with information, tools, and resources of special relevance to your job functions or academic pursuits.
- SISWEB is the campus's student information system. It is used to enroll in classes, view and adjust your class schedule, print your unofficial academic record, change your address, view your financial aid and manage your campus accounts.
- SmartSite provides online course managment and collaboration tools. For example, students can host websites, plan events, share files, organize student groups, host study sessions and collaborate on projects.