UC Davis advising services can help you with career preparation, academic planning and successfully navigating through your four years as an undergraduate student.
New Student Advising
Summer orientation for new students is held the summer immediately following admission to UC Davis and establishes a strong foundation for academic achievement. To find out more about our summer orientation program for admitted students, please visit the Orientation website.
Every UC Davis student has multiple advisors within their academic college that are available to provide academic and career advising:
- Your major advisor will help you plan out the coursework needed to complete your degree. Contact information for advisors in every major is included on our Majors pages.
- Your college advisor in the dean's office will provide you with comprehensive advising that can help you with general education and college requirements, academic issues and making sure you're on track to graduate.
- Peer advisors can give you a student perspective on getting things done because not so long ago, they shared your experiences! Peer advisors have been trained to help you plan your course schedule, understand academic requirements and find the resources that will keep you moving along on your way to that diploma.
Support is always within reach! Students speak highly of the Student Academic Success Center for advising, drop-in tutoring services and preparation for graduate school. They also list the Internship and Career Center's career-specific workshops and resume support as services on campus they would recommend most to incoming students. And the recently completed Student Community Center brings together a wealth of student life programs and academic resources under one roof. These and other resources that can provide guidance include:
- Cross Cultural Center
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Internship and Career Center
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Student Housing First-Year Experience Program
- Transfer Reentry Veterans Center
- Undergraduate Research Center
- Women's Resources and Research Center
- MyUCDavis integrates several UC Davis online services into one convenient and secure location. After you log in, the system will recognize you as a faculty, student, or staff member and present you with information, tools, and resources of special relevance to your job functions or academic pursuits.
- SISWEB is the campus's student information system. It is used to enroll in classes, view and adjust your class schedule, print your unofficial academic record, change your address, view your financial aid and manage your campus accounts.
- SmartSite provides online course managment and collaboration tools. For example, students can host websites, plan events, share files, organize student groups, host study sessions and collaborate on projects.