UC Davis: Rankings highlights
UC Davis ranks high across the board, according to many outside measures that assess university reputation. Take a closer look at our stellar student body, our faculty’s productivity and national and international rankings for the academic disciplines.
- 1st among national universities in number of faculty papers written in the field of ecology and the environment, agriculture, entomology, food science and nutrition, and plant and animal sciences (ScienceWatch)
- Tied for 1st among research universities (with UC Berkeley and Penn State) as the top producer of U.S. Fulbright Scholars, 2012-13
- 4th among 162 of “Ten Coolest Schools” 2013, Sierra magazine's seventh annual ranking of the greenest universities (a publication of the Sierra Club)
- 5th among U.S. universities in the number of international scholars (“Open Doors 2010 Report on International Educational Exchange”)
- 7th among public universities and 27th among public and private universities ((The Best Colleges' Top 50 Colleges and Universities in America for 2013)
- 9th among public research universities nationwide and 39th among public and private research universities (U.S. News & World Report’s 2014 “America’s Best Colleges")
- 10th happiest U.S. college campus (NewsWeek College Rankings 2011)
- 14th in research funding among U.S. ranked public universities and 22nd for public and private universities (National Science Foundation 2011 R&D Expenditures)
- 33rd among the nation's research universities and 47th among the world's research universities (2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities by the Center for World-Class Universities of Shanghai Jiao Tong University).
- 46th overall among the world's universities, 25th for life sciences and 48th in engineering and technology (The World University Rankings 2012-13 by Times Higher Education)
- 53rd overall among the world's universities (Center for World University Rankings 2013)
- 85th among the world's top universities (QS World University Rankings 2013)